MA887 Digital Refractometer for Seawater Measurements
The MA887 is an optical instrument that employs the measurement of the refractive index to determine the salinity of natural and artificial seawater, ocean water or brackish intermediates.
The digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for ship, shore or home use.
The MA887 refractometer is an optical device that is simple and quick to use. Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with steam distilled water (starter bottle provided with your unit). Within seconds, the refractive index and temperature are measured and converted into one of three popular measurement units; Practical Salinity Units (PSU), Salinity in parts per thousand (ppt), or Specific Gravity (S.G. (20/20)). All conversion algorithms are based upon respected scientific publications using the physical properties of seawater (not sodium chloride). The temperature (in °C or °F) is also displayed on the large dual level display along with helpful message codes.
Seawater Validation solution 1.025 S.G. and Steam Distilled Water starter bottles are included with each unit from Milwaukee Instruments.
Key features include:
• Waterproof models offers IP65 waterproof protection
• Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
• Battery operation with Low Power indicator
• Automatically turns off after 3 minutes of non-use.
- Range: 0 to 50 PSU; 0 to 150 ppt; 1.000 to 1.114 S.G. (20/20); 0 to 80°C / 32 to 175°F
- Resolution: 1 PSU; 1 ppt; 0.001 S.G. (20/20); 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±2 PSU; ±2 ppt; ±0.002 S.G. (20/20); ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- Light: Source Yellow LED
- Measurements Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample Volume: 100 µL (cover prism totally)Sample Cell SS ring and flint glass prism
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic between 10 and 40°C / 50 to 104°F
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V AA (included)
- Battery Life: 5000 reading
- Auto-shut off: after 3 minutes of non-use
- Dimensions: 192 x 102 x 67 mm
- Weight: 420 g