EcoTech Marine has set new standards for equipment in saltwater aquariums. The Vectra is no exception. The world’s smartest return pump can be run on a schedule, wirelessly give you updates on the operation and be automatically configured to work with your specific aquarium setup.
Vectra S2 Specifications
- Flow: 1,400 gph (5,300 lph)
- Wireless: Included
- Max Head Pressure: 11.5 feet (3.5m)
- Footprint: 3.8 in. x 6.5 in. (98.4mm x 165.4mm)
- Fittings: Input: 1 in. (25 mm) Output: .75 in (19mm)
The Vectra can be set to auto calibrate to your tank. As a return pump, this smart feature prevents back siphoning if the pump is turned down and also provides a neutral flow condition in feed mode.
ESL via Mobile Device
All Vectra pumps are compatible with ReefLink. Reeflink provides completely wireless access to the world of EcoSmart Live, the web-based aquarium command center from EcoTech Marine.
Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens. The power goes out… Vectra pumps are compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup accessory.
Included with the Vectra Pump are QuickCouple components, these fitted couplers provide the flexibility to make installation, cleaning and adjustments a breeze. The Vectra also boasts the ability to rotate the volute of the pump to adapt to the needs of your plumbing setup.
- Easy Connection
- Fast Setup
- Quick Disassembly
- British Standard Pipe Threading
Return Pump Modes
- Constant Speed -Constant Speed mode is the default mode of the Vectra, this makes the pump produce flow at a constant speed that is determined by the position of the dial.
- Feed Mode - At the touch of a button the Vectra pump will temporarily pause the current mode and idle allowing food to be added to the tank without being cycled into the overflow and filtration.
- Speed Lock - Speed Lock gives you the ability to lock in a desired speed on the pump by disabling the control dial protecting you from accidental and not so accidental unwanted changes in speed.
Closed Loop Modes
- Lagoonal Random - Lagoonal Random mode simulates a low-energy lagoon environment. The speed of the pump is changed slowly to recreate the gentle currents of a lagoon.
- Reef Crest Random - Reef Crest Random mode simulates a high-energy reef environment. The pump will change speed frequently and drastically to simulate crashing waves and surging tide. This is a favorite of SPS coral.
- Gyre - Gyre mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform clockwise and counterclockwise flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between two seconds and two hours.
The Vectra Advantage
- Cost Savings - Traditional AC pumps, when used as a return pump for your sump, are flow controlled through the use of a choke valve. This method of control is inherently inefficient for two reasons. 1) The AC pump purchased must often be overpowered for your given setup to allow for flexibility. 2) By adding artificial impedance to your flow, electricity is wasted. The Vectra pump will always operate at the optimum efficiency because there is no need to use a flow restricting valve to achieve your desired flow rate.
- Active Feedback - When used with the ReefLink, your Vectra pump can send you performance and status alerts right to your mobile device or computer. Your return pump is the heart of your aquarium; the faster you hear about an unexpected issue the more successful you will be as an aquarist.
- Quiet Operation