Coral Vault only ships out healthy and pest-free specimens. If something changes with a specimen that is in your order between the time you order and when the coral is shipped out, we will contact you to discuss your options.
Orders are shipped overnight using FedEx, Monday-Thursday. Orders are packaged and shipped as they are received and you will be contacted regarding your shipment. If you have a special delivery request, it should be noted on the invoice or by sending us an email.
All corals purchased online are guaranteed alive on arrival. We use specially designed packaging to ensure livestock arrives in optimal condition. If we see there will be extreme weather or other circumstances that will create poor shipping conditions we may request to cancel or delay a shipment.
We recommend having the FedEx facility hold your order for pickup. This prevents specimens from exposure to the heat or cold and riding around in a delivery truck. Most packages are available for pick by 10:30 AM. If you select this option, we require pick-up within 2 hrs of arrival. To have your package held at your local FedEx, please make a note when paying the invoice, or email us immediately after you make your purchase.
Some species such as Hammers, Torches, Frogspawn, and other similar corals can pull their tissue into their skeleton during shipping. This reverses itself once the coral is placed in an aquarium.
In the rare circumstance you receive a coral that is Dead On Arrival (DOA) you must do the following:
- Send two CLEAR photos of the coral WITHIN 1 hour of arrival time (as noted by the first Fedex delivery attempt). All of the following are necessary for the claim to be considered:
- Photos must be submitted to email@example.com . DOA claims sent via Facebook and Instagram are not valid.
- Photos must be taken from 2 different angles
- Item must be SEALED in its original packaging and still be on the original frag plug.
- Photos MUST be clear.
- All blue photos are not accepted.
- Send a CLEAR 20 second video. The video must include:
- Clear visual of the item in question
- The box it was packaged in
- Shipping label on the box
We may request additional photos, videos, or for the specimen to be sent back to us. DO NOT DISCARD corals or packaging until the DOA claim has been confirmed by us. The customer is responsible for the cost of return shipping. If you have to return your order, we recommend shipping through your local FedEx facility.
If your claim is validated, we will issue store credit for the price that was paid for the coral. In the event of a DOA, shipping costs are not refunded. Corals that are part of a giveaway, or are a bonus item that is part of sponsored events are not eligible for DOA claims.
The following are not covered by our DOA Guarantee:
- Damage occurring to items during unpacking.
- Damage occurring to items in unmounting the coral from its base/ frag plug.
- Damage occurring to items during dipping.
- Carrier delays due to external circumstances such as mechanical failures, or extreme weather events.
Cancellations must be done so within 24 hours of ordering and are subject to a 25% restocking fee. .